01 09 10

Monday, June 16, 2014

Paella,Gaudi, Flamenco..oh my!

Bienvenido!

Where to go and what to do in Barcelona. It is very large city with plenty to see and do. For a first time visit, I stuck to the places I had heard much about.


My hotel was located diagonal from La Rambla which is a main street in Barcelona. On one end of the street there is a city center which is where I picked up the hop on hop off bus. For some this is a great way to learn about the different sections of Barcelona which you might not otherwise get to and you can get off any where you want to explore and hop back on the bus when you're done. It is also air conditioned which is a bonus! 

Take in the colors and smells in St.Josep's Boqueria where you can get fresh fruit and vegetables along with meats. There was no shortage of yummy food there. When you meander you way down the street there will be plenty of souvenir shops if that is what you are into or small kiosks selling more local wares. Street performers there are a plenty along with outdoor cafes! Don't leave Spain without eating and drinking in one of the plenty cafes. 
La Sagrada Familia

St.Josep's Boqueria


My friends and I made sure to try every paella and sangria that we could find and it never disappointed! Just thinking about it makes me long for some paella with its saffron rice and steaming vegetables.

If you are into architecture there is much to see with Gaudi's different structures. Gaudi was a well known Catalan architect. Along with interesting architecture is the Sagrada Familia which seems like it will never be finished.

Be sure to check out the traditional Flamenco dancers. At the hotel I was staying at there was a special we were able to get and it was definitely a treat to see and not something I have ever seen in the states. 
                                                                              

I am always a sucker for being by the water so continue your walk down La Rambla and there are signs leading you down to different ports. Follow where ever your heart desires and you will be more food and craft stands along with beaches, and out doors bars. 



If you want to try a different type of bar go to ICE bar. It isn't a place to have a leisurely drink but more of an experience. You are bundled up in huge parka's and served at a legit ice bar. Go see it for yourself!

I hope you have as much fun in Barcelona as I did.

~Happy Travels! 


No comments:

Post a Comment