01 09 10

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Place

Where's your happy place?

Happiness is defined in the dictionary as "the state of being happy". Sounds pretty simply stated but what is that? For all of us happiness is an elixir of many different things. For some, happiness can be seeking an adrenaline rush or joining crowds in the latest festival and for some a quiet hideaway somewhere away from others. It's all in the perspective. 

When I think of being Happy I think of these:
  • calm
  • new
  • old
Now you may be wondering, well what the heck do those words even mean. Well, to me happiness can come from something that is old. Meaning I have places I go to with friends all the time and it is a place that it is known and it is always a good time. Then there is the new which holds a bit of mystery which may be something I have dreamt of doing for years and makes me smile when I think of all the adventure it will bring.


If you ever get a chance to visit Fort Independence in Boston that is one of my happy places. Grab a seat anywhere and watch the sun sparkle on the water or see the waves crashing on the rocks. It also a very active place where people go to walk, jog or do water sports. 




Calm. It is a feeling hard to come by sometimes. But I've learned over time that basically in life you sometimes have to just "Let it Be" because there are times many in fact where you can't change an outcome. 

I hope you find your happy place!

Happy Travels~

No comments:

Post a Comment