01 09 10

Saturday, June 14, 2014

Living Out Loud

Right around the Corner

Do you ever feel like you aren't sure what you're suppose to be doing? There is the twenty-something's which appear to tell you to live it up and be free before responsibility takes over. I'm not sure about you but I feel like I always had something I needed to be responsible for. I do think there is something to be said for starting to travel early, there is so much to see in the world. I think I also wasn't comfortable going out into the world alone, but after I grew up and experienced things I felt more comfortable being on my own. Not having to wait for others to do things with me. 

Around the corner is the inevitable "turning 30", I'm not afraid of it but more so looking at it with fresh eyes at least for now. I'm seeing this as a new chapter of my life to grab on to. I don't feel like I could ever indefinitely travel the world, but I love reading blogs about solo females that do. It all seems very much like an Indiana Jones adventure. I don't want to believe that it has to be all or nothing. Either you have to settle down or live a life outside the box. Why can't it be both? 

So instead of dwelling on what society thinks people should be doing, I say live out loud! Do something amazing! Travel, learn a language, join a sports league or completely move yourself to a new location. Step out of your comfort zone no matter how small. 




Looking ahead for my big year. I will be in my 3+ years working in healthcare and still enjoying it and lucky enough to have the time to pursue my other interests. I'm planning to spend next summer overseas and to brush up on my spanish. 







No comments:

Post a Comment