01 09 10

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

California Dreamin'

Where I thought the sun was warm and the temps high


One thing I learned when flying into San Francisco is the weather is certainly not warmer there because it is the west coast. I flew from the North East where the temps were in the 80's and I thought all would be the same in San Francisco. But once I stepped outside the airport doors a cold wind threw me for a loop. All week it was in the high 50's- low 60's in the beginning of July! I actually saw people in winter parkas

Golden Gate Bridge
 I thought I was seeing things! One way to warm up is climbing the city's hills! My butt never got a better work out. Walking around the city made me think of the show Full House (any one remember?). 
Making it up the hills!

San Francisco was jam packed with places to see from the city itself to a little day tripping to other areas. My week looked a little like this San Fran>Sausilito>Sonoma>Yosemite>Monterray Bay>Carmel by the Sea, but hey when you're over somewhere you may as well see as much as you can!

I would have to say my favorite places were Yosemite because of how amazingly beautiful it is out there. I would highly recommend to anyone to go see a United States National Park the scenery is breath taking.












Then of course there was Carmel by the Sea, a quaint seaside community filled with architecturally different homes from spanish style to craftsman to an almost hobbit looking home. If you're into arts/crafts boutiques you can certainly find it here. Clint Eastwood was once the mayor of the town; if you don't know who he is look him up!
do you see him? The one lonely sea lion

One of my goals while on the trip was to see a sea lion but as the sign said on the wharf "Where have all the sea lions gone?". I was pretty bummed to see only one lazy sea lion basking in the sun on a raft. 

For anyone coming to the San Francisco area do go to Pier 39 down by the Wharf. There is plenty to see from the aquarium to restaurant/bars, bike tours and Ghirardelli Square. Alcatraz can be seen right from from the pier! The hop on hop off bus will also pick you up there for a drive through different neighborhoods.


What are your thoughts on California, did you see any sea lions?

~Happy Travels!





No comments:

Post a Comment